Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Life: Abortion [!OT]

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What's your take on abortion?

    My opinion is that it's acceptable if done within the first three months, when the creature is just a pack of cells, a large bean at most, but not really a baby, and is far from being conscious.

    I could go the easy way and say "baby killing, that's so bad"; it's even easier for me being a guy; but I don't, because I have in consideration that the girl may be too young to be a mother, may be too poor to give a good life to her child, may have some hereditary problem that will make a child's life lame, may know not the father, may even have been raped by some SoB, and a lot more circumstances that would make her and her child's life unhappy.

    And I think there's enough unhappyness in the world already to create some more. I think a couple should have children only if they are a well established, stable couple (I don't care whether they are married or not as long as they love each other as if they were), they are mature enough, they have lived what they want to live without children, they have enough money to give the child a proper life with all our modern technology and comfort in our modern western society (eastern for Asia ^_^), and they are 100% sure they want to have one. I think one has to create a perfect scenario to have children.

    And it's not that I'm saying one can be less careful because if something happens there's always abortion to fix it; no well-informed person would even think that. The abortion process is something you'll never want to do, and it's not worth 1000 hours of sex.

    As for the day after pill, I think it's fine taking it in case of accident (and it's much better than abortion 6 weeks later), but again, it's not meant to be an anticonceptive method; that pill is basically a load of shit (hormones, taking hormones = bad thing you want to do only for a good reason), and it's not nearly as safe as condoms. I recommend condoms as the universal pregnancy and infection protection, and you might even want to use two different anticonceptive methods at once for maximum security.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ September 13, 2005 11:28 AM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I only think it's okay if the girl was raped, or if she's too young to support it.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member phaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    my take is simply: it's up to the parents, but i don't condone whackin somoene before they've had a chance to live.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with what Wiseman said, basically. But the period should be extended to four, maybe even five months.

    I would rant if someone said anything about a fetus being a human, but I won't.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, well, I was a bit strict with 3 months, it's 6 months in Spain, I guess 4 or 5 should be fine.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *BUMP*

  7. #7
    Inactive Member kles's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My take is if it's not yet living, abort it. But if it at any point has awakened and has been conscious, your fault for not doing it earlier, it's moved on to murder.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Templar Zeratul's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    475
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with Wiseman...everything he said is what I would have said on this topic.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Mr. E Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 12th, 2002
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Who gives a shit if women wish to abort??? Kid dies in the womb, kid dies on a tricycle, teen dies in a car crash, man dies of heart attack, man dies of ahlzheimers, nothing really matters, the way I see it is that abortion is a way to let a kid avoid the fact that life is one big shit sandwhich and every day you have to take a bigger bite.

    ---B.j.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah. Unless it's going to endanger the woman's life greatly, then it shouldn't be allowed, as far as I'm concerned. Adoptions can be done for anything else.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •